My Ecology - It's A Two Way Street

___A squirrel eats a nut. The nut grows on a tree. The tree comes from the ground. The tree survives on carbon dioxide that the squirrel released, who received its oxygen from the tree. Everything needs each other. Everything has a relationship with everything else. That is the definition of ecology. Nothing in nature exists without its surroundings. Human social systems would not exist if there were not people to fill each class. Cities would not exist if there were not people to build them.
___I was born in Manhattan, New York, but was raised and have lived in Brooklyn my whole life. I am sixteen years old. My mother too, was born in New York, but her entire background is from Italy. My father, born in New York, comes from a Spanish decent. Originally from Spain, the Spanish Jews were driven out of Spain, so my ancestors fled to Argentina, and later came to New York to have a better life.
___I have a relationship with everything thats around me. I have a relationship with my family and friends, with the food I eat, the water I drink, electricity I use, ground I walk on, air I breathe, and the keyboard in which I am typing. My surroundings effect how I dress and act, my personality, the things I watch on TV, the books I read, the music I listen to, the things I say, and the things I choose to believe. I also have this effect on others. Everyone effects everyone else, as everything that occurs effects something else.
___I took the online ecological footprint survey. If everyone lived like me, we would need 3.4 planets to survive. The amount of food I consume, running water I use, electricity I use and amount I travel all adds up to make this amount. If I were to eat more locally grown food, made my own electricity (solar or wind power), and didn't have hot water, the amount would be less. We use things that come from all over the world, and that impacts our ecosystem. The fact that things have to be shipped, packaged and written on alone come from many different countries and continents. This makes our ecological footprints larger and larger.