Where are the Pigeons?




This is a picture of a ginko tree that we passed by on our way to Inwood Park. When the fruits of this tree are burst they expell the smell like rotten eggs.







This is compost. It is completely natural and healthy, unlike what industrial farmers usually use to fertilize their produce (they usually use oil). This fertilizer is the key to restoring our ecology. There was a pile of it in Inwood Park, but post-cards are often sent out in Brooklyn to homeowners about a compost giveaway on Kings Highway.

While I was at Inwood Park one thing that struck me was that there were no pigeons in Inwood Park. I saw kinglet birds and several other birds that were migrating for the winter that I dont normally see in my own neighborhood. Inwood Park appears to be the ideal location for animals in New York City. It seemed very strange that some animals would choose to live in the toxic industrial areas of New York City instead of living in the beautiful and serene park in Manhattan. In my research I discovered that pigeons are scarce in Inwood Park because red-tail hawks like to prey on pigeons. So this would explain why pigeons dont frequent Inwood Park.